The Police Criminal Record Certificate is issued by the Police force to show an applicant’s criminal history, if there is any. Persons who are or have been domiciled in Taiwan will be eligible applicants. Please see the instructions below for your application.
A. Required Document
1. A completed application form (Available at the application counter or click here to download).
2. ROC Citizens: The original and one copy of ID card or the original household certificate. If the English version is needed, please present one copy of passport (including the page with English name).
Foreigner: The original and one copy of passport, the ARC（if they are/were the ARC holders）or other documents for verification.
B. Processing Time
Each application is required 2.5 working days to process, excluding weekends and holidays. It may take longer for those who need further check through judicial or military judicial authorities.
C. Processing Fee
The fee is NT$100 for each certificate. Overseas applicants should remit US$7 in cash, while applicants from Hong Kong and Macau should remit US$6 in cash. Additional NT$26 is required if post service is needed.
D. Application Procedure
(A)To apply in person:
With the required documents, applicants may apply at the Foreign Affairs Section, Hsnichu County Police Bureau. The office hour is 8:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:00, from Monday to Friday except national holidays.
1. Please click here to fill out the online application form. After Submitting the application, please call our service center at 886-3-5557953 for confirmation.
2. After 2.5 working days, please take the required documents with you to the Foreign Affairs Section to pick up the Police Criminal Record Certificate.
(C)To apply by mail:
For overseas foreign applicants, please send the following documents to Foreign Affairs Section, Hsinchu County Police Bureau, No.12, Guangming 6th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302, Taiwan (R.O.C.).
1. A completed application form (click here to download).
2. The photocopy of passport and ARC (authenticated or notarized by ROC embassies and consulates, Straits Exchange Foundation or other relevant notary public abroad).
3. US$7 in cash (applicants from Hong Kong and Macau remit 6 US dollars in cash)
4. An envelope with return address.
1. To protect individual privacy, an applicant will need to pick up the certificate in person with ID card if he/she applies through fax, mail or the Internet.
2. An authorization letter needs to be presented if an applicant cannot collect in person. Proxy is required to bring (A) the authorization letter (B) ID of the applicant and proxy (C) processing fee.
3. According to the Act governing the Issuance of the Police Criminal Record Certificate, an applicant’s police criminal record certificate will not be issued if his/her final sentence, including parole, penalty and sentence, has not been executed or is being executed.